Monday, August 20, 2012

Garlic-Dill Vegetable Medley

I came home knowing I wanted make a vegetable recipe, but was stumped on what I wanted to make. Ended up using the fresh vegetables I had left in the house since I had to go grocery shopping tonight. I have been very busy and did not make it there over the weekend. I also tried to do some different spices this time, variety is key to a healthy lifestyle. Enjoy!

Garlic-Dill Vegetable Medley - Serves 2 to 4

Ingredients:

1 Cup of shredded carrots (I bought them shredded in a bag in the produce section)
1 Cup of sliced mushrooms (used already sliced baby bella mushrooms)
2 Cups of baby spinach leaves
1 TBSP of Butter or Butter Spread (I used whipped Earth Balance)
1/8 tsp of garlic powder
1/8 tsp of onion powder
1/8 tsp of dill (I used dried dill from the spices section)
1/8 tsp of black pepper
1/8 tsp of sea salt

Directions:

1. Turn a medium sized non-stick pan on medium heat and add butter along with spices (garlic, onion, dill, pepper, and salt) to pan.
2. Add carrots and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring them occasionally.
3. Add mushrooms and cook for 2-4 minutes, stir vegetables every minute or two
4. Turn pan off and add baby spinach, continue to stir for 1-2 minutes. The heat from the pan and vegetables will wilt the spinach.
5. Put vegetables into a bowl and serve. I served this with brown rice and lemon pepper chicken. Also would work well mixed with rice or served with potatoes. Enjoy and please provide me with feedback!


No comments:

Post a Comment