Monday, March 25, 2013

Blog announcement/Updates

I have currently dealing with a new allergy challenge. I am currently going through the process of adjusting to eating a gluten free diet. This was due to stomach/digestive issues I have been having for the past few months as well as rashes I have been getting around and on my neck. My doctor wanted me to see if gluten intolerance was causing my issues lately. Now I have been eating gluten free for just over a week and am feeling better than I have in a long time.I did have one accidental slip up with asian salad dressing that had soy sauce in it a few days in and had a skin rash and stomachache reaction. That is proof enough for me that my body isn't tolerating gluten so well anymore, which makes me sad. That being said it's getting easier each day and the benefits are outweighing the drawbacks. I will likely be gluten free for the rest of my life based on the results so far in eating gluten free.

As a result, the majority, if not all of recipes moving on forward will be naturally gluten free using items easily found in the supermarket and with 10 items or less. Going to need to do that since I would not be able to test the recipe myself otherwise.

More recipes will be coming shortly, including a gluten free asian dressing recipe that I am working on perfecting that will be easily made at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment